Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fan Clutch Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Hiltz
You could also go to your local GM dealer and get one,ask for one that fits a big block pick up truck,thats what I put on mine and it works just fine.
Yea and fork over at least $200 lol.

Ed, I don't think dealership items are my only option for quality. Plenty of aftermarket suppliers offer quality items, I just had a swing and a miss with that particular brand. I'm not exactly trying to blow all my spending money on dealership items.

After I get off from my boring classes, I'm going to go to Pep Boys and ask for an Imperial brand clutch. It was a pain in the *** bolting up the fan though since I hardly had any clearence to turn the bolts in. That's why I'm mainly disappointed in the clutch being defective knowing that I have to start all over again.

Anybody know if Visteon is a good brand? Looked up Pep Boys products and found that they carry those type of fan clutches. Hopefully you all can reply within an hour since I'm heading over there after school and I'll check here before I go.

Last edited by Classix_Lover; 03-02-2007 at 11:22 AM.