Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fan Clutch Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ok, here's the deal. Got another fan clutch, heavy duty this time, Hayden brand. Took off the old one despite some troubles with the bolts snapping, fixed it, got the right sized bolts, American fine thread, not metric, hence why they broke; I was impatient getting the other one on and didn't double check to see if the threads were truly the right size. They were slighhhttlyyy different but enough to have it bind up and snap on me. Reinstalled the fan setup, ran it, everything spun true and of course massive cooling improvement at higher speeds compared to the other mediocre electric fans. Once again, let it idle for a good while. Shut it off and imediately grabbed the fan blades to spin it and whaddya knowwww! The damn thing is STILL freewheeling and not properly locking up. What is the chance of me getting 2 defective parts?? Something is not right here, the fan clutch is so ridiculously close to the radiator and it should be absorbing the heat, there's no question about that. It's getting plenty of heat absorbtion yet still freewheeling. Thoughts? Should I try a third time and return this one for another one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Setup Installed 2.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	19279  

Last edited by Classix_Lover; 03-08-2007 at 06:09 PM.