Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fan shroud on the cheap
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Ok i looked at the link you sent me ,,, I will add some holes on the top and bottom of the shroud,,, my core of my radiator is 21 high x 20 wide,total height of the radiator is 26 inches h x 20 1/4 w,four core, now in my 53 chevy pickup there is 4 inches of the top of the radiator that gets no air to the top of it, do to the the hood lock brace. that sits in front of the top 4 inches of the radiator,in all 47-54 pickups.... I added a scoop to the bottom of the radiator to catch more air up to the bottom of the radiator in witch does help,Now using two 10 inch fans will not work ! not enough CFM's

when i am driving 45-55 mpw it stays in the range of 185 none freeway driving in 95 degree outside temp,,Now i know it's normal to go up when sitting at a light then goes down when i drive, go on the freeway and drive the speed limit of 65mph it goes up to 200-215 with in 3 miles in 95 degree temps, so i am looking to get off freeway ! problem is freeway driving..... I have ordered a 17 inch fan 2200 cfm's . I read on be cool site the for every 1000 cfm is 3500 rpms of the fan.... so 2200 cfm's is 7,000 rpm's I will put in the 17 inch fan and holes in the top and bottom of the shroud with rubber flaps.

I am trying not to have to CUT holes in the front of my hood to let air into the top of the radiator,,, I have talked to other guys with this style of pickups with the same set up i have and had no problems..... so i am stumped.... I have built street race cars and never had this happen....

Last edited by 64elko; 08-28-2012 at 12:20 PM.