Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A Farewell To Everyone
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Chris,

Congrats on the enlistment! I kind of like the Navy myself. Remember to make the best out of boot camp. It is a transistion from where you are to Navy life. There will lots of challenges, take a good look at most of them before you react in any way. Take a lead role when and if possible. Its really petty simple, have a good uniform, check your attitude and don't talk back, keep smiling (don't show any one a weakness) and do you work and studies.

I am sure you know the Sailors Creed by know and are working on the 11 General Orders. Both of these you'll need for the next few years.

You will have a break in boot camp and some e-mail will be allowed at that time. In A school, you will have more time and will have to manage duty, school work and play time. Conduct your self wisely. P-cola has some great things for the students on base. You'll be down there for summer. The beaches are great!

I know you can't have a car in Chicago, but I would recommend you check on driving to P-cola. Anything off base is a distance, walking it sucks (been there done that).

Enjoy, stay positive.

Dutch