Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   A Farewell To Everyone (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/farewell-everyone-69789.html)

strikingthematch 09-09-2005 02:37 AM

A Farewell To Everyone

Well everyone I thought it only right of me to say a goodbye to everyone here. I leave the 13th for Navy boot then the rest of my schooling. 9 weeks boot...19 weeks A school and either 11 or 13 weeks in C school. It will be awhile till I can hop on here again. I go for advanced electronics and received a four thousand dollar sign on. In for 6 years and if I don't stay in 2 years of reserves. Pay will be close to two thousand a month when I finish school.

I finally got my timing items I wanted (adjustable timing for my MSD) and a new B&M Torque converter. The Timing I will be able to put on but the rest must wait. Though I will keep working whenever I get the chance. Car gets to spend the winter in a warm heated shed. While i spend mine next to the lake (car always gets better treatment then me :rolleyes: )

In any case I wanted to thank everyone here for all the time spent working on problems that I got myself into. Your information and time made my projects much easier and this site was one of the reasons why I got into hotrodding in the first place. Hope everyones projects go well and that you all stay in great health.

Till next time,
Chris

zonk 09-09-2005 03:28 AM

Chris by all means take care, hope all the best. :)

Henry Highrise 09-09-2005 04:13 AM

Good luck! I did what you are doing back in 1967 except I went to school on jet engines. Starting pay back then was $140 a month, LOL.

poncho62 09-09-2005 04:39 AM

Good luck Chris.......................

strikingthematch 09-09-2005 04:55 AM

Quote:

Starting pay back then was $140 a month, LOL.
It's at around $1240 a month right now. that's for E1 by the time I get out of school i'll have hit E4 and make closer to $2000

Chris

redlightning 09-09-2005 06:11 AM

Sounds like a good plan.Best of luck.Carl

RCastle 09-09-2005 06:21 AM

Take care,and thanks for what you have decided to do. Keep in touch whenever you get the chance.

66Caprice 09-09-2005 06:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations on the start of your career - I joined the AF over 20 years ago in an electronics field and never had any regrets. Sure the money's not much, but you're building for a better future and will have all kinds of opportunities to use what you will learn in other fields.

Have an Ohms Table! (You will need it later)

Dan

hotroddr 09-09-2005 07:11 AM

farewell/good luck

I admire your courage and conviction. A lot harder today then when I went in 79. I got 9 years of college paid by the Navy, and got to meet a lot of great, good-hearted people that are life-long friends. The auto hobby shops are the best! Work hard and pray often! Bill, CAPT USN ret.

WakBordr7387 09-09-2005 09:00 AM

Good luck Chris! We'll miss you on here bro :welcome:

Brad

Dutchman 09-09-2005 11:03 AM

Chris,

Congrats on the enlistment! I kind of like the Navy myself. Remember to make the best out of boot camp. It is a transistion from where you are to Navy life. There will lots of challenges, take a good look at most of them before you react in any way. Take a lead role when and if possible. Its really petty simple, have a good uniform, check your attitude and don't talk back, keep smiling (don't show any one a weakness) and do you work and studies.

I am sure you know the Sailors Creed by know and are working on the 11 General Orders. Both of these you'll need for the next few years.

You will have a break in boot camp and some e-mail will be allowed at that time. In A school, you will have more time and will have to manage duty, school work and play time. Conduct your self wisely. P-cola has some great things for the students on base. You'll be down there for summer. The beaches are great!

I know you can't have a car in Chicago, but I would recommend you check on driving to P-cola. Anything off base is a distance, walking it sucks (been there done that).

Enjoy, stay positive.

Dutch

crazy larry 09-09-2005 11:09 AM

check in when you can. I appreciate what your doing. :thumbup: Thanks for the same. Larry

Ghetto Jet 09-09-2005 02:56 PM

Good luck Chris, I hope everything works out well.

Rob Keller 09-09-2005 03:17 PM

GOOD LUCK ,be safe and thank you for defending our country! keep in touch

SR66 :thumbup:

RetroJoe 09-09-2005 04:58 PM

You'll be back! it's kinda hard to just walk away from this place! Good luck on your new journey!