Fast 'n' Loud Discovery Channel - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

I was disappointed w/the show on the '50 Olds (my Dad is spinning in his grave- $7000?!?). The one biker dude goes, "this motor has had generations of rats living in it- there's no way it will ever run any time soon." The freaking valve covers weren't even off the engine!! Then they stick a belly button SBC in it.

How much cooler would that car have been, built back w/the original 303 Rocket?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

When the drama of a show overwhelms the information of a show, it's a stinker in my book. Every deal isn't always behind a impossible schedule and every shop doesn't always have a obvious moron on the payroll.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:22 AM
boatbob2

Show......

Hi,ive seen the episode,where they clear coated the OLDSMOBILE,i thought they were joking !!so,in my professional opinion,that show SUX,and the english gear show,at least they seem to know what theyre talking about.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:49 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

The dumb promotional trailer turned me off - but now with such 'glowing' comments here at least need to take a look.

The Discovery Channels/programs (History, H2, TLC, DIY and Science, etc) for the most part have gotten sooooooo bad with their UN-reality shows and with so many repeats that I would rather spend my evenings watching paint dry (I usually just read)
Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
The dumb promotional trailer turned me off - but now with such 'glowing' comments here at least need to take a look.

The Discovery Channels/programs (History, H2, TLC, DIY and Science, etc) for the most part have gotten sooooooo bad with their UN-reality shows and with so many repeats that I would rather spend my evenings watching paint dry (I usually just read)
Watching paint dry is probably more educational..

Sam
Old 07-07-2012, 10:59 AM

Last journal entry: New Carb
Last photo:

Has the same feel that the show about flipping houses has.
Now if they would go into more details and take a little longer with the cars that would help.

Like the engine, they said it would never run. I don't think thats the case I think its more like they didn't want to put the money into it to get it to run.

What I would have liked better is the truth. "We feel that getting the engine running isn't worth the return we need to make right now, we are going to install a create engine and then include the original for the new owner to rebuild while they enjoy the car."

Nothing wrong with that, they are getting old steel back on the road that would have been sitting in the dust and possibly crushed when they are discovered by the wrong people.

Its included in one of our on demand channels so I don't have to remember when its on. Thats good because I would miss it other wise. It will be interesting in seeing what the show develops into or doesn't.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
Watching paint dry is probably more educational..

Sam
Then right up with some of those Discovery Channel shows is Speed Channel with stupids like Pimp my Ride and Dumbest Stuff on Wheels and lately, Hard Parts: South Bronx - and yes Sam, that drying paint IS much more interesting as well as educational.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:

Its like the Jesse James garage show ! Ive only seen one the roadster build! They were pouring gas in the carb trying to start the car (before Jes got there) while another guy cranked it! A crowd of workers were around the car watching Besides the film crew It back fired and caught the cup (looked like an 8 oz. full of gas) the guys hand caught on fire (he threw the flaming cup across the shop behind him) it could have set someone on fire! or even one of the other cars! A childish , rookie move, head gasket wouldn't seal and he hand files the entire head surface to get it flat !! You would think he'd have the head resurfaced or at least checked it with a straight edge!! I think later he found out it was the wrong gasket I cant remember. I liked Jesse's bike shows and others, But that one surprised me!

But gas monkey is much worse

Chris
Old 07-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc View Post
I AM VEXEN, THE CHILLY ACADEMIC. RESPECT ME, OR THE CONSEQUENCES, OH THEY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

I AM NUMBER IV OF ORGANIZATION XIII. WHICH MEANS I AM SUPERIOR TO YOU LOWER NUMBERS

Lol. It's from Kingdom Hearts
Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:

I don't have enough fingers & toes to count how many stupid, self proclaimed reality shows there are on TV now. I thought American Choppers was bad but these other shows are going right down the same path, even worse . I tried watching American Guns and it sucks (except for a little eye candy). Tried watching Son's Of Guns and it's the same thing (without any eye candy). I wonder if the producers of these shows even know how ridiculous these shows are or do they think it's real life? If any one of you that run a business of your own would do the things they show, your doors would be closed. I guess you have to be a special breed to enjoy this crap which means I ain't special.
I guess I'll start watching cartoons again, more of a reality and much more interesting than any of these new shows.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10 Racer View Post
I don't have enough fingers & toes to count how many stupid, self proclaimed reality shows there are on TV now. I thought American Choppers was bad but these other shows are going right down the same path, even worse . I tried watching American Guns and it sucks (except for a little eye candy). Tried watching Son's Of Guns and it's the same thing (without any eye candy). I wonder if the producers of these shows even know how ridiculous these shows are or do they think it's real life? If any one of you that run a business of your own would do the things they show, your doors would be closed. I guess you have to be a special breed to enjoy this crap which means I ain't special.
I guess I'll start watching cartoons again, more of a reality and much more interesting than any of these new shows.
.....or do what I do - keep the boob tube OFF unless there is a show that you really want to watch. I read a book, magazine, putter with a hobby, pare my finger nails chase the significant other(my wife) around the room, all of which are much more interesting then 40-42 minutes of an 'hours' worth of drivel, interspaced by ads, i.e. for male enhancement, Dodge trucks or lawyers.

Dave W

Last edited by Irelands child; 07-13-2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
interspaced by ads, i.e. for male enhancement, Dodge trucks
Sometimes I think those Dodge Truck ads ARE intended as "male enhancement" LMAO.

Especially the "Guts, Glory, Ram" phrase. I can't remember the announcer's name, but his voice was chosen to associate "Dodge" with "Manly"

I guess they had to do something about their previous commercial about the drive-thru dweebs with the "Ya, it's got a Hemi in it" line.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

A couple of hundred TV stations and I still find much time to read! We DVR EVERYTHING, 60 minute shows last 40 minutes. There is one reality type of show I enjoy and that is Duck Dynasty, no pretentious airs here, they are funny and a hoot to watch. For weirdness, the 2 Oddities shows, watching some odd objects that I never dreamed of that exist. The Picker guys are fun to watch for the same reason, it's not so much the cast of the show as it is the objects you get to see. Kind of like a museum on TV.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:39 AM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

By far the worst is graveyard carz. The least amount of car work shown and the most amount of drama ever, period! Too bad as I like the premise of the show, restoring a toally wrecked classic. I'm not a Mopar guy but they do seem to have skills and knowledge about restoring Mopars to concours correctness. Again not my style, but there is always a need for that type of restoration and aytime you save an old car from the crusher you are preserving history.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 AM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly_Academic View Post
Lol, I'm not doing promotion work. XD the reason why I joined this site is because I was on google yesterday and I saw this site and thought it would be great for me to see what actual hot rodders think about the show.
Why do you care what others think? Are you not a hot rodder yourself? Can you not form you own opinion? What is yours?

(A hotrodder is like the honeybadger - they don't care what others think, that's the whole point!)

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.