Fastest street car! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Fastest street car!

Hi,
In the UK we have now the fastest 1/4 mile street car in the world according to our newspapers! 6.59@220mph. Andy Frosts red Vauxhall Victor,big block chevy powered. Its on youtube,sorry cant do links!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 10:52 AM

Last photo:

............and he drives it work, the grocery store, church? The supposed "street car" term is bullchit as any RACE CAR can be made to do the 25 mile loop (not nitro cars of course) with addition of lights, a huge radiator and a de-tune job. Not what I would call a "street car". Kudo's to the man though for having a fast car.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT View Post
............and he drives it work, the grocery store, church? The supposed "street car" term is bullchit as any RACE CAR can be made to do the 25 mile loop (not nitro cars of course) with addition of lights, a huge radiator and a de-tune job. Not what I would call a "street car". Kudo's to the man though for having a fast car.
Its not a street car to YOU, but opinions are like...

If its licensed, insured, and runs on whatever fuel is available at the local gas stations then I think it would be qualified as a street car, technically there's not much else required to be able to take it anywhere on the streets.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 PM

Last photo:

Yea and your opinions are always correct....right? Just how many "Street Cars" are going to run 6.69 @ 220 on the fuel from the local gas station and pass a normal state tech inspection for the required equipment. I'd like to see the car and I'd like to see him drive it from L.A. to Las Vegas on a hot summers day.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:49 PM
More dogs than bones

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

One persons oppinion.

A street car is one that belongs on the street. A racecar goes on the track. They do not mix well. If so It does not last. Where I am, the cops hear your big solid cam idle, you even drop the throttle a little and good luck getting it back. If you can hide it to some point, and keep it at some nostalgic level in a old car, you can sneak by. They grab your car and send it to inspection, you lose. It all. Never heard of a warning anymore. They want money, and know how to get it.

edit- The gascity stations that sell 108+- octane will not even let you fill it into the vehicle. They will cut the pump.

It is the guys in the blues that dictate or you end up in the penitentury.

Life goal , spend as little time in jail as possible. It is no fun.

Last edited by spinn; 07-16-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:40 PM

For everyones infomation here is the link
World¿s fastest street legal car smashes speed record at 250mph¿. but it¿s a Vauxhall Vectra that cost £60 | Mail Online
Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Of course there are all kinds of opinions on this, that is proof that it is kinda ludicrous to call it a "street car". Being it is licensed and "can" legally drive on the street and it's so fast is "cute", but it doesn't make it a "street car". I mean think about it, you could take a top fuel funny car and put some little front brakes, put lights and a mild small block in it and roll it into a DMV and get a VIN for it and register it as a "street car". You then put your 6000 hp hemi back in and you have a 4 second 285 MPH "street car". So the whole thing is kind of a joke. To qualify for a "street car" it would have to have a given miles on the odometer, in my world at least a few thousand miles a year, if it isn't getting driven a few thousand miles it isn't a street car to me. At least for this label on the drag strip. Obviously the restored 65 Mustang that never gets driven won't have a few thousand miles on it, but it IS a "street car". But it wouldn't be in this competition for the fastest street car right? So don't bust my chops over it.

Brian
Old 07-16-2012, 02:18 PM

Last photo:

He needs to ship it here to the states and compete in HotRods Dragweek.
Five races at 4 different racetracks(4 states) in 5 days. NO support vehicles, only what you can pack in the car, or a trailer attached to said car. About 1600 miles of real road driving.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:53 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Street legal covers a lot of territory IMO, but I have no doubt it is, or could be. But I don't consider it a street car any more than it costs £60!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Gear Head

Nice car, whatever.....

I want one of these

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.