Hot Rod Forum banner

Favorite Chevy El Camino and why ?

39K views 82 replies 58 participants last post by  Bonneville462 
#1 ·
I own my first BB 1966 Elky and love it ! just wanted to hear from others who love El Caminos...

#27 ·
DoubleVision said:
Plus many good name options for the hybrid such as:
El Carlo
Monino
Monte Camino
Camino Monte
El Monino
Carlomino
El Carlmino
Carlmino
Monte Carmino
El Carmino
If GM had put that out image the fun they would`ve had with the name.

My favorite would be: El Monte Carlomino, which would roughly translate to the mountain road?? or heap on the road??

#29 ·
My dad had an 83 ss when i was a kid. I now own (my second car) an 86, and just put in a 1972, 350. My first engine build and project car. Love it to death and I'm learning something new everyday from it it seems..at a price$$$$ I'm partial to the double headlight style malibu nose myself. They're getting hard to find in new England. The frames rot out too fast. Still drive it year round snow and all.

#33 ·
I completely forgot until I read this thread; my Dad had a '59 when I was like two. It was pea green, I remember when he brought it home I climbed all throught it and cut my foot on a piece of a broken bottle behind the seat (hillbilly/ farm kids never wore shoes) . I don't know what happened to that car, and I wouldn't have known what it had under the hood.

#47 ·
I like them all, but I guess my favorite is the '71-72, I like the single large headlight front end better than the 2 small headlights of the '70.

'73-77 is growing on me however, after seeing the movie "Dazed and Confused".

Small tubbed and rollcaged a '67 for a friend of mine, we ran it at "Pinks All-Out" Martin Mi in 2009, loads of fun and ran 10.60's with a 383.

#48 ·
I agree with you ,I much prefer the 71-72 single headlight for my taste ,but I know the 70 will bring more money and has a better horsepower (Rating ) then 71-72 ,but that don't mean much to me .because few are left stock anyway.:D

I just cant see a 73 -78 without thinking ,about My Name is Earl. Red with a blue door

#51 ·
I've always loved '67 Chevelles, and El Caminos. The SS396 versions with the high output 375HP and 4 speed are one of my favorite combos in either El Camino or Chevelle. I like the narrower B pillar on the El Camino '64-'67 El Camino, but I like the '67 bed better than the earlier '64-'65 or later '69-forward.
Plus I see so many '69-'72 El Caminos around my area, but rarely any '67's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.