Hot Rod Forum banner

Favorite reference books/authors

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  JeffB 
#1 ·
I think I started a thread about this a few years ago but can't find it. I have several reference books on the sbc and general engine knowledge books. I have found out of my collection one of my favorite authors is "David Vizard". I love reading his reference books and absorbing his knowledge that he's been so kind to pass along.

I always try to buy a couple of different reference books by different authors to gain different perspectives on the subject.

Just curious if you have a favorite book or author.

My original thought was engine building books but would like to hear other automotive related reference book/author favorites

#7 ·
Last reference book was Fred Kidder's 1917 book on sheet metal triangulation and pattern cutting.

It's available online,and had been using that for a few years.Finally just bought a copy a week or so ago.We do right much fabrication using gage metal on wood/metal working equipment.A lot of dust/grinder exhaust pcs.Along with header systems for sportbikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.