View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Steel Dreams

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

re:FE Block Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbogie
I hear ya, I'm only up on FEs 'cause I'm helping a friend with his 427 Cobra, original not kit, one wicked piece of machinery.

Bogie
You are 100% right on that ,when I was in the Navy stationed in Pensacola,Fl my room mate got for his 21st birthday a 427 Shelby Cobra,on the weekend that he got it we went to Pensacola Beach on the way back we had to cross what the locals call the 3 mile bridge, good straight road only a very large hump in the middle so large ships can pass under, well when we came up on to the bridge he nailed it when we went over the hump it got air!!! I was watching the road and hanging on for dear life I was not watching the speedo and all I could think was we could not make the curve into Pensacola,well he did slow down and make the curve no problem.This thing scared the hell out of me . As we were driving tru town I made the comment that the car was very quick and that it shook me ....He turned and looked at me and ask me "Do you know how fast we were going ?"I told him no,how fast were we going?Then I really got shook when he said "about 140". Nothing before or after that has ever scared me as bad as that Cobra.I have never been in any thing that was street legal that accelerationed like it. I still want one!!!!!

Later
Kenny