Hot Rod Forum banner

fe dual quad manifold

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  65galaxie500 
#1 ·
i just picked up a dual quad intake for my 390. its a factory aluminum manifold with the code C3AE 9425. can anyone tell me what it came off of and if it will be alot of work and or money to get this working on my engine,also i would like to know just how lucky i got, it was given to me for free, the only thing i can see wrong with it is 2 of the valve cover bosses are slightly stripped. i think its a 63 427 low riser but not sure. is it a good performance part or should i post it on ebay and ask its weight in gold like all the others i see on there?

#2 ·
hey 65Galaxy500. i'm looking through my books and ??? is there a letter after the 9425 ??? i think???
its gonna look and run like a mean mother, but i'm thinking your gonna lose low end torque. I could be wrong,(somebody school me) maybe it'll increase your low end tremendously, but.....at what rpm? and your gonna need another carb, maybe two...(want a schematic of the setup?)
and ain't that sucker heavy? you need the rest of your fingers bud :D . if i was to walk into one, i think i'd ebay it and get an aluminum weiand or edelbrock. my 2 shekels ;)

#3 ·
its not heavy at all, its aluminum, so im able to lift it with the digits i have remaining. there is a letter after the 9425, it is "k", i didnt include it because it looks like someone ground the raised letter down and stamped the k in.and yes i would love to know what its going to take to get this to work for me. what carbs i need, what linkage, etc. thanks. ( am i crazy, or does my message icon only have three fingers and a thumb like me?)

#4 ·
With the C3 casting it would have to be an early 427 low riser manifold. It should work great as a street manifold, it is a 180 design and the ports should be a good port match. Set it up with progressive linkage and a pair of small Holleys and it should work great and also be some nice eye candy.

#6 ·
thanks for everything, but i think ive decided to cash in on ebay. after pricing carbs for it im finding out that i could spend half the money and come up with a real nice setup. i do like the eye candy part but i already know that headers for my car are going to run about 500.00 so i think if i play it smart and practical, then ill get what i want out of it without another ulcer. and hey, it was free! dont get any ideas, im still going to get as much as possible for it even though it was free. thats the american dream! and, if its not the american dream, it sure is my dream! i would really love to use it but right now i feel like if i decide to sell my car, i could make a few bucks, but if i invest the money and time to get that setup going , then i would come out in the red. as of now, with rebuilt 390, ive only got about 1800.00 invested into it, including purchase price. hey crazy larry, what do you mean by pm's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.