Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fed-Mogul Speed-Pro hydr roller retrofit cam?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I find this post rather interesting, and why is because there guilty of the same crime with other parts such as pistons. There`s lots they fail to mention. for example they fail to mention that the basic hyper 4 valve relief flat top pistons for a 350 sbc has .020 off the deck height, but other companies are guilty of this too, there is no good reason why there done this way, some say it`s because of a ridge on the cylinder, I`ve ran countless engines with ridges and the correct compression hight piston and never once broke a ring, others say it`s because the block gets decked everytime it gets rebuilt and this isn`t true either, in my years of building engines I`ve had 2 decked, and I only get it decked if it needs it. no one doing a basic rebuild is going to spend $100 on a deck job if the block doesn`t need it.
Other pistons they carry also don`t have any info on them, they have a coated skirt hyper piston with a D-dish but they don`t mention what the dish volume is. so in the end, I`ve become a little leery of there products, there`s too many things they fail to mention.