Federal and State Legislation/Automotive Related - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Federal and State Legislation/Automotive Related

Guys/Gals, you can do a quick search by your state to see what bills are being considered for you state or for what is being proposed for legislative consideration here. It shows resolved bills also. It may be of use as your voice does matter. It may also help if you were wondering if those new mufflers you bought are legal too.http://www.semasan.com/

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2005, 07:44 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

i think this is an important thing to keep up on i wish there was a way to keep this link on the sites main page we need to be real vigilant around here, there are lots of liberals around here that love to legislate us to death. its down right scarry
Old 02-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Move It On Over!

Last photo:

Well, Virigina isn't doing too bad. They want to get rid of the blim wheels that rotate when not moving or don't rotate when moving. Best of all, they want to introduce a bill against boom box cars that play music that can be heard more than 50 feet away.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:32 PM
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!

Last wiki edit: Improving fuel economy
Last journal entry: Finally on the road
Last photo:

Hey we here in Ohio seem to be catching a break! Recently the Ohio EPA said that the Echeck (tailpipe sniffer) program should be allowed to expire in the Dayton/Cincinnati area. Unfortunately, Cleaveland will have to put up with it for who knows how long. This is great news as Ohio's lawmakers were beating the wardrums to have Echeck in every county after we had the longest string of days in a row with an ozone warning here in Columbus, even though 2004 had the lowest total number of alerts in years. The only downside now is that the State Legislature is looking into promoting "clean burning" gasoline like you guys in california have to put up with. Ethanol has been tossed around a few times and they are talking about refining Ohio-grown corn to blend with gas in up to a 15% mix. The downside is it's going to make our gas even more expensive-up to 20 cents per gallon more than we would pay for what we have now(watch out for $2.50/gal, which is unheard of in the midwest!)

Personally I don't understand why Ohio, or even the entire US just doesn't use it's corn to become self sufficient in the production of Ethanol and tell everyone to screw themselves.

Congrats to Virginia for finally taking them on!

One other gripe I have has to do with "fart cannons" or ricer exhaust. Why is it we get pulled over for loud exhaust, but if a civic drives by with a 150db exhaust, the cop doesn't even look twice? Heck, I was driving home tonight and a local cop was following one of these ricer guys down a residential 35mph street. I had my radio turned up, heater blower on high, on the other side of the street, with a turn lane in between, and could still hear him go PFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT on as I passed! Now why don't they get ticketed?

Last edited by 78novaman; 03-02-2005 at 08:39 PM.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.