feedback on "fast change gaskets" - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

feedback on "fast change gaskets"

I just received an email from someone affiliated with: http://www.fastchangegaskets.com .

I'd be interested in feedback that anyone has about this product. We could potentially get some samples for our guys to test out, as has been done with a new metalworking tool mentioned in this thread.

My usual response to new products is that they're probably gimmicky or extraneous. However, every once in a while, a useful new product does pop up.

Has anyone used this product, or something similar, or does anyone have any input/feedback? Let me know in this thread.

If people are interested, we can also invite the product inventor/vendor to join in this discussion.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Just sounds like a rubber gasket to me...................I would like to see a picture or feel the material before I would spend $14.95 for it.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:24 PM

Yes, the description on the website ("FAST CHANGE GASKETS are 1/16 of an inch thick and are made of something similar to acrylonitrile-butadiene but are of a different chemical composition") is not detailed enough.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:43 PM
YoungPuP454

Wiki Edits: 0

I find it hard to believe

Them,

With the use of FAST CHANGE GASKETS there is no more need for messy RTV or annoying SCRAPING!!! And the best part of all they are completely reusable. Making matiencence and repairs a breeze. Now you can change fluids and inspect your differentials in seconds, so stop making things harder on yourself and order FAST CHANGE GASKETS today!!!

FAST CHANGE GASKETS are 1/16 of an inch thick and are made of something similar to acrylonitrile-butadiene but are of a different chemical composition, which are key to the performance of the gasket's durability. FAST CHANGE GASKETS are not die cut at this time, but are cut by hand and are still of precision which allows us to provide them to you at an excellent price, which is uninflected by overhead for die cutting and are always backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.....

Get started today and protect your investment in your axles, saving time and money with FAST CHANGE GASKETS!!!

**Volume discounts are available as many shops have begun to utilize our products. Contact us for further information.**

Our guarantee is as simple as this; if your not happy were not happy and we will do whatever it takes to make things right, 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED.

What I think,

Well I don't think there is enough background on this product, it almost looks like a fly by night business, Anotherwords what they are saying is that you don't have to clean the surface of the rear end pan or the rear end you can just put the gasket in and PFM its sealed (Pure F***ing Magic). So that vehicle leaves your bay now you are not resposible, well by law you would be, its your business or job at stake. So the customer takes it and it starts to leak cause the surface was not clean, fluid leaks all out and the customer dosn't realize it and blows the rear end, who is rebuilding the rear end for the customer now, think about it. Would you clean the mating surface for a head gasket ya I realize that this is a little extreme, but the same applies to cleaning the rear end surface to make sure you get a good seal. I don't think I would trust it, but if they will let you try it a couple times, go ahead and see what it is like I would like to know. And if a rear end blows cause of it who pays for it!!!!!!(Even a defective one from time to time can slip through production) This is only my opionion, just the way they say you don't need to scrap what ever may stick on it, dosn't sound that good to me. And unless they will tell me what the different chemical composition is I wouldn't bother I think jon has a good point there.

Last edited by dartshadow1; 01-28-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:31 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Thumbs down

Our guarantee is as simple as this; if your not happy were not happy and we will do whatever it takes to make things right, 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED.

So I guess they'll just fix that melted rear NO PROB

Is it really that hard to clean around 10,12 or 14 bolt holes?

Make a 90w that don't stink like gorilla urine & then you might have something
I love technology but that just seem off
IMHO

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 01-28-2006, 05:56 PM

Last photo:

gaskets

even I will agree there is not enough info, but gaskets need improvement would someone forward our thoughts about their web page rather than doubt their claims. many web pages I read make claims about their products the slick ones do have a great look but that doesnt prove their products are any better but they have a better web master, I would love to see better and easy to remove pan gaskets in the transmission business. the newer cars are equipped with reuseable gaskets that change has been great.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

It's not like the rear end needs opening up everyday, much less every couple of years. I think as often as I open up my rearend, I will spring for a new cork gasket covered with a bit of gasket sealer. Never had a leaky rearend yet.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

I'm cracking up. This stuff sounds like a bad 3am infomercial.

"With the use of FAST CHANGE GASKETS there is no more need for messy RTV or annoying SCRAPING!!! And the best part of all they are completely reusable. Making matiencence and repairs a breeze. Now you can change fluids and inspect your differentials in seconds, so stop making things harder on yourself and order FAST CHANGE GASKETS today!!! "

Matiencence?? sounds like a chinese misspelling if I ever heard one. Change fluids in seconds? Be serious.

"FAST CHANGE GASKETS are 1/16 of an inch thick and are made of something similar to acrylonitrile-butadiene but are of a different chemical composition, which are key to the performance of the gasket's durability. FAST CHANGE GASKETS are not die cut at this time, but are cut by hand and are still of precision which allows us to provide them to you at an excellent price, which is uninflected by overhead for die cutting and are always backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee....."

Similar to acrylonitrile-butadiene? That is nitrile rubber. What is this, mutant nitrile rubber? Not die cut but still of precision?? How many gaskets do you think a person can cut in a day before they start to lose "precision". ""Uninflected" by overhead for die cutting." Thats a new one on me.(sarcasm coming right up) Yes we do all of our work here by hand to save you the BIG bucks. Nooo, buddy, No dies here. Anyone with half a brain knows that machines and automation are very harmful to production, precision and repeatability....Tell me who is going to have a job as a "gasket cutter". No one on this continent.

"Get started today and protect your investment in your axles, saving time and money with FAST CHANGE GASKETS!!!"

They don't even have a picture of the stuff they use or a picture of a precision, hand cut gasket on the website. Nothing to substantiate the claims of better sealing or how they can seal over and over again. Are they soft? Do they swell or sweat out magic sealing fluid when compressed? I should trust my investment to them based on their written claims alone. They can't even spell the words they are misusing

"**Volume discounts are available as many shops have begun to utilize our products. Contact us for further information.**"

Many shops.... That scares me.

Right for who?

Sorry, Jon, I think I'll wait till ron popeil picks this one up and starts selling it on channel 36 at 3 am. I trust him. Thanks for reading this, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 01-29-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:28 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
I'm cracking up. This stuff sounds like a bad 3am infomercial.

"With the use of FAST CHANGE GASKETS there is no more need for messy RTV or annoying SCRAPING!!! And the best part of all they are completely reusable. Making matiencence and repairs a breeze. Now you can change fluids and inspect your differentials in seconds, so stop making things harder on yourself and order FAST CHANGE GASKETS today!!! "

mikey
Hell nowI can change the fluid while I'm going up the road If I could get My high speed creeper back from Keanu Reeves

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 01-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Give (freebie) me a couple to try out and I will test them to the limits.

I plan on parting out a few more axles this spring anyway, I can certainly drain one and add an air fitting and add a few PSI to one , along with heating it up to check it for a few things.

Get me a test gasket for a 8.5 inch 10 bolt, a Dana 44, and a GM 10.5 inch 14 bolt, and I'll document it accordingly for ANYONE interested.
A very fair write-up along with pictures, and a witness, heck I'll even have it notarized if it's good enough. I'll test to THEIR specifications too if they want.

I have peeled many a decade old (or more) gasket over the years that did not leak, and they were all the cheap factory.

I just e-mailed them from their site to see if they would let me test a few of their product, let's see where it goes from there.

I still say it'll have to be some kind of miracle to be worth the cost of a chrome gasket and cheap gasket that comes along with it.

It would be a different story if it came with a chrome cover though.

Last edited by M&M CUSTOM; 01-29-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:12 PM

Fast Change Gaskets

Thank you all for your expressed interests and critical comments. First off this product started with a buddy of mine, trying to solve the problems of more easily keeping our differentials clean of debris and contamination due to the nature of off-roading. This kind of recreation usually necessitates repetitive maintenance and even more sometimes complete overhaul or replacement of gear sets, bearings and so forth, at inopportune times. Additionally the mating surfaces of the differential and differential cover need to be clean for this gasket like any other gasket or RTV to work correctly. The off-road community seems to be more than satisfied with them as evident by their ongoing demand for them. Are they for the hotrodders.com community? We shall see... M&M CUSTOM; if you would like, I would be more than happy to send you some products. Shoot me a PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:44 PM

Welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board, kriskyk

Thanks for the offer of free samples to test out.

M&M -- sounds like you can't lose. I'd be interested to hear your opinion on these gaskets.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskyk
We shall see... M&M CUSTOM; if you would like, I would be more than happy to send you some products. Shoot me a PM.
I sent a PM to you.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:51 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

i can see the need for a this style gasket in the off road community, cork gaskets might be dirt cheap, but they arent exactly quick either, and if your out there on the trails, chances are yourgoing to damage enough stuff that a $15 gasket that solves one of your headaches is nothing realy

every minute having to wait to get back into the action is another minute not enjoying your precious free time
Old 02-06-2006, 02:41 PM

Last wiki edit: Vacuum brake bleeder set up
Wiki Edits: 8

You guys might get a kick out of some of the pics here
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437157

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.