Hot Rod Forum banner

feedback on my cam selection

969 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hemi joe 
#1 ·
hey guys,looking for some feedback or thoughts on my cam selection.car is 1987 chevy caprice 5.7L/350 factory roller.i've got headers duals straight back,holley street dominator dual plane intake with factory quadrajet.trans is 700R4 with shift kit,2000 stall converter,8.5 10 bolt posi with 3.23 gears.cam selection is comp cams #08-408-8,grind#XR258HR.is this cam a good upgrade from stock cam,i'am not looking for anything radical just an upgrade from stock.mild street performance.any thoughts welcome-thanks joe.

#2 ·
hemi joe said:
hey guys,looking for some feedback or thoughts on my cam selection.car is 1987 chevy caprice 5.7L/350 factory roller.i've got headers duals straight back,holley street dominator dual plane intake with factory quadrajet.trans is 700R4 with shift kit,2000 stall converter,8.5 10 bolt posi with 3.23 gears.cam selection is comp cams #08-408-8,grind#XR258HR.is this cam a good upgrade from stock cam,i'am not looking for anything radical just an upgrade from stock.mild street performance.any thoughts welcome-thanks joe.
Should be a nice little cam. I think a 3.73 gear would make you happier with that combo if you have overdrive considering the weight of that car. With that, it should put the car in the 14's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.