Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fellas; settle an arguement about traditional street rods over beer and wings
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Fellas; settle an arguement about traditional street rods over beer and wings

So; my dad, his best friend, myself and some guys my age were sitting around bench racing.

The topic of coupes came up and *I* said I was getting tired of Model A coupes; they seem to have taken off here since deuce coupes are so spendy and t-buckets are so small. I then said "I'd love to see a nicely done, late 50's style, Chevy powered V8 (or other OHV motor); full fendered late T coupe with the tall top and something like a dressy set of hubcaps (not baby moons or Moon discs)."

I was told in no uncertain terms, by guys who were born in 1950 or so; and a bunch of 26yr olds who hang out on the HAMB that NO ONE built full fendered tall Ts until the '70s. Which would probably mean Cragars or 5 spokes.

Are they right; that tall T, fendered coupes are a say '68-70 thing? I don't have any Hot Rod mags pre late '67 and there's no T builds in the issues I have of any type.

PS The beer was good, the wings were okay but overpriced and it was a trip watching a handful of internet traditionalists debate a couple guys who went to college in 1968 LOL I just sat back and let the fur fly