fender fix (Really Bad) Help!
I have a fender that is eaten away with rust on the edges at the cowl side. There's a few holes also but I would like to round the edge with 3/16th rod or 1/8 either way you get the picture because at the end of my fender it's eaten away and I want to keep it looking like original if possible and I'm thinking it will give it some strength! Should I try and weld as much of any open space thats possible,(with other pieces of fender) and then start to use fiberglass repair and then the bondo stuff? OR am I way out of whack? Advise, Dana
1. Never use any filler on holes or rust.
2. cut as much rust out as you can.
3. weld the new metal in place.(do not warp)
4. after all welding is completed grind the weld down.
5. use a very thin coat of bondo to smooth imperfections.
6. sand the bondo and use high build primer.
7. sand the primer smooth.
Thanks for the direction, here goes!
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:55 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.