Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fender metal work gone bad
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 AM
60-66 chevy truck nut

Last journal entry: Hood finally in paint
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
But if the rocker wasn't changed and the fender patch panel was, how could it be the rocker? Always look at what you touched first, I mean, it wasn't made that way at the factory was it? No, so look at what WAS touched, in this case the fender. But don't think you have to be cutting off the fender patch yet.

Brian
That is another story.The rocker was changed years ago. The truck was really abused on the driver side. Nothing was straight when I originally got the truck many moons ago and then it has sat in pieces for years now. I have spent the last two days going over the alignment trying to avoid chopping the fender again. And not a minute has gone by that I have I not kicked my own arse for this problem I created. I was studying that original picture of the first post and you can see something isn't right besides the misalignment. I have the cowl on, gaped at the top of the fender 5/16" just like the pass side and looks pretty close to the bottom of the rocker now. I need to add some fill to the fender / door gap as you can see in the picture. I have punched out a couple more spot welds from the bottom of the rocker and pushed it up where it should be. I think we got it. Let me know your thoughts?!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7430.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	69237   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7431.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	69238  

Last edited by hrlys4evr; 11-19-2012 at 08:23 AM.