Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A few changes to 540 hp carcraft buildup... what kind of hp loss? guesstimates please
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 07:09 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks, 5-7 heaven and 2wild4u.

I hope it does peak below 6,000, because it won't ever see the high side of that number!

And just to clarify, with the pipes CLOSED and the current 2.25" dual exhaust, I expect a much, much larger hp loss, which until I redo the entire thing, I'm willing to live with, so long as I can open those cutouts at the click of a switch.

And bigger carb, definitely in the plans for the future.

This is a street-strip car so your intake mismatch comment hits me where it hurts

Everyone seems to tell me a different story. I try to listen to all of them. Every drag racer has a different preference. And every dyno operator. And every article writer and every magazine. What is the answer?

I've personally only had dual planes in the past, but I think I'm going to try the victor jr. for a while and if it's really too much of a hassle for the street, I'll switch over. The main reason is I'm hesitant to mess with any of the major specs like that. (Not that they know everything, it's just nice to have a real dynograph I can work from). The smaller carb and lack of spacer is a very temporary thing, so I don't really consider those permanent changes. All in all, the change in primaries was the only real change I was considering making and I'm still thinking that over.

-Erik