Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A few ideas on manifold vacuum advance?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 AM
mr mighty mouse

Last journal entry: shes dropped!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

corvette fittings look like the ones im looking at. not bad for something that is exactly a direct replacement. I do have the plastic tees, and one way vacuum fittings to fit vacuum hoses together. i have deleted the charcoal canister for now since the main source of the leaks come from that. sacrifices for throttle response.. turn the dizzy shaft easier and more freely. but relative to the fact it has the same structural design as the old day dizzy coil in cap. i cleaned the sludge off the EFI dizzy coil in cap, took vacuum advance parts off the worn out one and made a clean break for a more up to date distributor so i know my distrubutor bearings arent worn. also looked at the distrubutors springs, the distrubor was the original with stretched out wieght springs. so i ended up breaking my vacuum manifold tee in the process of resurecting this engine with new distrubutor and vacuum checking. The Main concern was that the fitting also sent a vacuum to the transmission and this leak had made the engine back fire. so i just thought naturally it was the distrubutor. but when i un hooked the vacuum line going to the manifold from the tranny, it just broke while thinking it was the worn dizzy, or blown head gasket. I was furious but also happy my idea wasnt the head gasket being blown cause it didnt like idling. But this didnt make me not change out the distrubutors