A few problems with 385 stroker... - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 10:01 PM
done learning, done living

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

when i built my 383 I installed the crankshaft splash guard that was originally on the 350 engine. When I started the engine the crank was smacking this splash guard, i think it is actually called a windage tray, is that correct? It sounded just like lifter noise. I removed the tray and the noise was gone. Do you have this on your engine? For the vibration I would check to make sure you have the correct balancer and flywheel, it will not be a factory 350 balancer and flywheel. Check for the big notch out of the balancer.
When I built my last engine when I went to get some prices on machine work the guy at the parts store/machine shop told me that I could buy a reman engine for around the same price maybe even a little less. I told him that is fine because if I bought the reman I would know **** about the engine and how it was assembled. I hate reman engines. You are in the same situation, you have a problem and don't know **** about the engine. Not trying to be mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 07:42 AM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crussell85
For the vibration I would check to make sure you have the correct balancer and flywheel, it will not be a factory 350 balancer and flywheel.
Unless it's an internally balanced crankshaft. I have one in my 383 build. Uses a neutral balance balancer and flywheel.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Dan

thanks for all the help guys.. i took care ok the rocker problem, just got the motor hot and then adjusted them and the noise went away. and for the vibration.. the motor is internally balanced, and im putting in a new torque converter soon(only the stock one is in it) so im going to check the flexplate for weights.. and for the converter i was thinkin on getting the TCI street fighter, anyone have any expirience with these?

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.