A Few Questions - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 11:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

A Few Questions

Hey Guys!!

A few months ago, my wife rolled over my 98 Mustang GT. It wasn't a rough one, just slide off an embankment and rolled over on the roof. Luckily, the motor, suspension and drivetrain are still in excellent condition. The body, however, is hosed. At first, I thought of this as a negative thing. My Dad, as a present, gave me a 48 Ford Pickup!! Putting that truck on the Mustang suspension and motor would be awesome!!! But I have a few questions.

1) Should I put the subframe connectors in place BEFORE i take the Mustang body off or after?

2) Will I need to build a custom cross frame to mount the bed?

3) Is there anyone in the North Texas area that knows where I can find a bed for a 48 Ford PU that is in decent shape?

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any info you can give me before I get started on this project. The only real challenge I will have is mounting the body. The body work has already been done on the body. Just placing the computer and electronics will be a test!!

Thanks again!

Wil

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Where's my Sawzall?

Last wiki edit: Window removal and installation
Last journal entry: More progress...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Gonna be a little more than U thought...

That Mustang, like all the Fox-bodied cars, is a UNIBODY.

Why put subframe connectors in?

Consider it a donor, and go thru the truck chassis.

It's not a ton of effort to yank the rear out of the Mustang to use in the truck, along with the motor/trans/wiring/emissions parts/etc.

At the NSRA show at Kalamazoo I saw a '34 with a Crown Vic police motor/trans, nicely done. Probably had the same basic idea like you have now...

One of my custom car books has a diagram of the 'puter/emissions setup for a 5.0L motor, most all the wiring also crosses to the 3.8L V-6, incidentally. You won't need a harness kit, the Mustang has your 'kit' installed in it, some dis-assembly required.

Start a journal on it, we all like seeing pics as it goes along...

Doc
Old 10-08-2006, 11:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I hope your wife is ok.Here is a link for 48-60 ford trucks.Welcome to the forum.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.