Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass & bondo for skim coating?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yes Brian...I understand completely what your saying and that's why I said, "my opinion"....I've done it, anyone whose been in the trade for any length of time has done it....and I'm confident that we agree and it is dependent on the car and the expected life span of the repair ....there is another thread on this forum right now entitled "Evercoats: Fiber Tech, Everglass, Kitty Hair, Tiger Hair, Metal to Metal", it concerns a 1968 Mustang Coupe with rust holes in the roof and the OP was wondering which product is better...I didn't want to respond to the thread but this thread has prompted me to respond.

Maybe read the thread and let me know what your opinion would be for the OP....Very often they may read another thread and think that the "bestest" way is an acceptable way, no matter what kind of car they have. My response was in more of a form of a question, which was "why not repair it properly", and I suggested that if they where on a tight budget to save their money and do it properly over time.

Again, just my thoughts.

Ray