Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass & bondo for skim coating?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
I'm a firm believer in repairing a vehicle with what the vehicle is made off...if the vehicle is made of metal, repair it with metal....I guess that's why I haven't heard of anybody repairing a Corvette with a piece of 22 gauge steal...but that would be ridiculous, right.

Ray
I'm with you Ray, I feel the same way. I also don't believe in reproduction parts and refuse to use them unless it is the absolute last resort. But, I don't own every car in America, so to fit the owners of those cars I will do my best in aiding them. That's just how I see it. I will give advice to not do something if I feel it isn't the right way to do it, I offer the suggestion to not do it simply as advice. It's like this, depending on the car heck yes I will say DON'T DO THAT if some guy wanted to use this method on a car that should have it done right, but in just discussing methods of repair, I will toss this out there.

Brian