Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass & bondo for skim coating?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
MAN !!!! You CAN bond it with the RIGHT stuff... I'm saying if you sand your hood and lay up FIBERGLASS AND cloth over a hole in your hood.. It WILL NOT HOLD....

There is stuff like speed grip that will hold a fiber glass part to metal.... But fiberglass layed up on metal will pop off.. What do you not understand ???
Well your saying basically if its done wrong it wont bond!!!! thats different then the absolute statement "you cant" We all agree on that I see welded patches bubling up rust under paint shortly after being repaired by some shops!!! It was lousy prep and an untrained person. It was the right way but done wrong!

I weld patches in holes and rusted areas!! Sure its right but not the only way! Hell they are gluing patch panels on now! I would have thought that crazy years ago! And Ive seen riveted patches done right that still look good 30 years later! Its ability that decides whats good or not, not the process to meet the same end desired! Fiberglass layed on fiberglass will pop off too if the right prepping isn't adhered to!

Jester