Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass Clarification
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Eager and Willing to Learn

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

So my well shaped door panel is not trash if i sand it down and add another layer of mat? I was looking at going to the Tshirt material after lots of research. Lots recommended this because of its ease of use and it didnt clump up and come out in pieces while it was wet. What about somthing small like my kick panels do they need several layers or is one sufficent? How many layers of cloth do i need for optimum perfomance for things like a rear cab cover head liner and door panels? I am trying to do all that roddoors make and have my own designs for my pleasure and spite of the overpriced fancy pants corporation!

Oh and on the kick panels i was going to add speaker holes. Does somthing like this need to be reinforced? I am not running subs or anything just alpine 5 1/4's

One last item, since i am using my actual cab for a mold i.e. the door and ceiling etc, is there a way i can get the ceiling covered with ceran and pam and get the cloth up there while i am covering it or is there a better alternative. I want all the curves to fit i am not wanting just a flat piece up there but for it to come down on the edges a little more! Same thing with the Rear cab cover I want to perserve as much space as possible by conforming to all the curves that are already there