Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fiberglass door panels, dash, center console, sub enclosure, amp rack
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 03:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Im thinking about doing the same thing with my g/f's car, i want to build her a custom fiberglass box, but ive been reading and reading and i think i got the jist of that..however, i haven't found much info about how to secure things to your dash say if i were to make a fiberglass guage pod and wanted to put it right in the middle of the dash...do you just use some sort of 3m adhesive after you make it or do you screw it to the dash or what? also i was curious as to what types of materials you use to make a mold to fit the contours of your car..for instance if i wanted to install some device like a gauge or tweeter or maybe even something bigger like a monitor into a corner of the window like where the windshield, dash, and roof support all meet, how would you make a mold for that...i understand for areas that don't have a crease or crevasse that you can build something using MDF, but what do you do to go about making sure my end product fits into the contours of the crack so that it looks nice..should i just free form it, or can i make something out of clay and line it w/ foil or what? sorry its really wordy and theres really only 2 questions in this message, but these are 2 questions that i can't find answers to...also do you have any pics of your camry b/c i used to have a 93 and im interested in how you transformed it