hi my dear friend,
I maybe can answer you... but one problem my English is bad?!
listen to me I am an professional fibre glass boats builder.
1. before you create the fibre glass mold, you must Crete your model...
a. like boat, b car, c box, d bike etc..
2. the model can be made of wood, clay, foam or gypsum
3. the foam can be easy shaping it but i did not try it??
4. I am making boats using wood, plywood and gypsum for easy shaping
but i mix the gypsum + water + fibre glass mat then I apply it on the
place that i want.. and while it is wet... it will be so easy to shape it??
5. then i use hi voltage 1000 Watt light to heat the gypsum to let it dry...
6. then i start sanding it with ruff sand paper why.... because I am going
to apply wall white filler on it then leave it to dry...
7. sand it with soft paper starting with 22o grit then 400 then 1000..
8. then apply 2k primer 2 to 3 coat's leave it to dry then sand it.. and
check the boat carefully if it need more filling or sanding????
9 apply epoxy paint or marine paint with hardener and reducer...
otherwise your paint will get burn.. because of the chemical reaction
(from the fibre glass material)
10. then you you can sand it with 2000 grit and polish it if you want good
finishing and also easy to release the mold...
11...its the time apply the mold re lase wax...you can yous American meguare's
12. wait for sometime then wipe it with cotton cloth then apply another coat
of wax then wipe it.. applying and wiping will leave a very thin film of
wax that you are unable to see it plus it will make the surface of your
paint more shiny..
13. its time to apply the gel-coat with brush.. use black gel-coat for mold??
14. give proper time for the gel-coat to dry like 3 hours then use tissure
fibre on top of gel-coat.. and then 300 or 450.. fibre Glass Matt and resin
15. don't forget to have special fibre glass roller to take the buble's out
16. apply 4 to 5 layer of fibler glass mat leave it to dry 24 hours
17. next day you can release the mold but I RECOMMEND YOU to do not use
steel screw drive and hummer to release the mold.. but you can use
wood wedges..try to remove it slowly from the edge firs from all direction
then it will come easy.. but don't forget to use a glove.. okey.. as the
fibre glass will be like stingray when it dried??
18. here you go .. your mold is ready... wax it again wipe the wax apply any
color of gel-coat u want wait for some time apply the f.g. material
then release it next day...
19. at the end remember any mistake at your model it will transfer to your
I hope what all the information mentioned above will be helpful for you and feel very sorry to be the first one who answer your question as there might be more people at USA who got more experiance than me..
ga from the middle east