Fiberglass Front Clip for 51 Ford P/U - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 09:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Fiberglass Front Clip for 51 Ford P/U

Hi,

I am another guy who is looking for replacement body parts for a 51 Ford F1.

As it is now, my complete body front is bolted together and mounted on a front tilt bracket. It's been great for working on, but the previous owner who did it, did a really bad job. The fenders are un supported and very dynamic. They are pulling away from the hood, and the backs of the fenders are in ribbons from riding on a makeshift running board rest/support.

I'd like to keep the tilt front, but replace the entire front body with a one piece fiberglass unit. I have seen them on the net from time to time but I'll be darned if I can find one now that I'm getting into it.

Any recommendations? I live in San Diego. I would also be willing to replace the shot metal fenders with replacement metal/glass fenders if I can find them as a second option.

Thanks,
Dan

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2006, 05:28 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

fairlane has them
Old 11-01-2006, 07:23 AM

Last photo:

Hi Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with "fairlane." Can you give me a little more info such as a full name, link or phone number address? Thanks much!
Dan
Old 11-01-2006, 07:49 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

Fairlane Company 517-224-6460. it is an old and trusted company. they will have all that you need.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

http://fairlanecompanymi.com/system/about.asp
Old 11-01-2006, 05:28 PM

Last photo:

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all fo rthe input on Fairlane! Unfortunately, they do not have a full front tilt for 51/52 - just 48-50 and 53-56!

Possibly any other suggestions, preferably in the western US?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 AM

Last photo:

51-52 F1 parts

Hi Dan , You could also check out Sacramento Vintage Ford ( almost in your neighborhood) www.vintageford.com I have one of their catalogs that I use for my '48 F1 . They have a TON of stuff for '48-? Ford pickups . I dont know for certain about '51-'52 one piece fronts, as MOST of the 1 piece units I have seen advertised anywhere are for the '48-'50 models . If they don't have any ,a friendly phone call might net you some very helpful info. Their catalog isn't free , but DEFINITELY worth the price .Hope this helps some ! Later , Rick
Old 02-06-2007, 07:14 AM

51 tilt front

i bought a tilt front end for my 51 ford f1. i got it from u.s. body source. there email is . customerservice@usbody.com hope this helps. let me know how you plan on mounting it . that is where i am at now.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:22 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the reply

Hi,

I checked with US Body and they had one, but they are in Florida and I'm in California. So between the shipping, and original cost, I decided to just use the original metal parts I had and put on two new front fenders. I was lucky enough to find a guy who had two fenders in beautiful shape. I plan to weld/braze al the pieces together to form a single piece. It is bolted together now and starting to fall apart. I havent decided to leave the backs of the fenders on or chop them and bolt them to the cowel. And, I'm studying how to reinforce the whole thing t rigid it up a little.

As far as mounting and the forward tilt, it is currently on a hinged frame (which blots onto the front inner edge of the fenders) and the hinges are welded to the frame.

Currewntly I plan to use lineal actuators on each side to raise and lower. I can send you pictures if you give me a "real" e-mail address.

Thanks again,
Dan
Old 02-07-2007, 09:38 AM

tilt hood pics

thank you my email is freeman@kconline.com
Old 05-17-2007, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandidande
Hi,

I am another guy who is looking for replacement body parts for a 51 Ford F1.

As it is now, my complete body front is bolted together and mounted on a front tilt bracket. It's been great for working on, but the previous owner who did it, did a really bad job. The fenders are un supported and very dynamic. They are pulling away from the hood, and the backs of the fenders are in ribbons from riding on a makeshift running board rest/support.

I'd like to keep the tilt front, but replace the entire front body with a one piece fiberglass unit. I have seen them on the net from time to time but I'll be darned if I can find one now that I'm getting into it.

Any recommendations? I live in San Diego. I would also be willing to replace the shot metal fenders with replacement metal/glass fenders if I can find them as a second option.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan,
You can go to www.fairlanecompanymi.com & find a fiberglass tilt front end. or call 248-676-9295. I have a complete front clip for a 51 Ford F1 I would sell for $350.00. I can send pic's if you are interested. dirkjhnsn@aol.com

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.