Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass hood blocking
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
People have been doing a lot of things wrong for years, take a look at the butyl tape thread, I mounted windows for years with butyl tape, just like most everyone else, that don't make it right.

When you see failures as a rep, where you are called out to failures that could have been avoided, you learn to do the work even better. It's like the estimator who has to deliver cars to unhappy customers. If the body man or painter had to do that a while he would become MUCH better at the details. People with no experience what so ever see the flaws that a seasoned pro can miss. Believe me, that is a great education.

Brian
Again Brian...so true...when you represent a product rarely does a shop call you to tell you how wonderful the product is working, your problem solving for much of the time and in most cases it's human error that you need to diplomatically correct.

The bright side of being a rep is that you do get to see all the different problems from numerous shops and many technicians and the longer you do that particular job the more you learn. I always felt that I had the benefit of learning from many people making mistakes and because of the education I got, I feel I became a better technician.

Yes Brian, if some people could walk a mile in someone else's shoes, there might be a little higher level of understanding. As I told my son when be became an engineer, I told him that I was proud of him but he had only met the minimum requirements to be an engineer and that he would would learn a lot more in the real world than he ever did in school. Life is an education, just wish more people would learn from it.