Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass hood blocking
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
It's like how I learned how hard a "salesman" works. My dad was in sales my whole life and I bought into the BS that it wasn't really "working". LOL I sure learned what a bunch of crap that was in short while! I remember being out on the road and calling him to thank him for how hard he worked to put food on his families table. It was MUCH, harder physically than working on cars every day. That includes working in the office now, it is MUCH harder physically on the body. I got clean clothes and walked from the shop into the office, I am not blowing air out of my butt. Other than a hard day on the frame rack or blocking complete cars, it is MUCH harder what I do now than hanging quarters and such. But tell that to a guy who has never worn the other hat, oh my God, you are a lying piece of crap.

Brian
When your in "sales" and if you want to be the best you can be, you better know your product inside and out. If you don't, you'll be eaten alive by potential and existing customers. Is it harder than working on the floor, damn straight it is, you need to be everything that you where on the floor and more. Your expected to have answers and when you don't you better get them, because the competition is right behind you with a bunch of them. If you try and BS your way through a problem and you get caught...often your done. It's not baseball where you get 3 strikes. I had a fair amount of success by saying I don't know but I'll find out compared to the rep that had a bogus answer for everything.

Ray