Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass hood blocking
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
I have to tell you, my "numbers" where not good when I was a rep, I was blown away by other reps in sales increases each year. It had been about 8 years since I was a rep and I went to NACE in Vegas and ran into my old boss. He asked me to come back, he told me every rep who had my territory after me had to hear about me. He told me that he would move the guy who had my territory somewhere else and I could have it back! Can you imagine this, I was so damn proud, proud of what my dad had taught me about sales, fill the customers needs. Don't EVER sell something that the customer doesn't need. Find his need and fill it, that is what he taught me. Service, service service!

I remember a particular hard ars customer whom I sprayed in his shop while his painter when to the S-W school. I then stayed there when he came back and worked with him. The next time I visited that shop the owner ran me around to all the cars his painter had painted showing me proudly how beautiful they were. He was so damn happy he damn near kissed me.

And I can't stress enough here Ray, Henry is as TOP KNOTCH craftsmen as you are going to come across. We are just tossing things around here, it doesn't change my respect for him just because of this discussion. I don't need to see his work personally to know it, reading his comments tells me so.

Brian