Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass hood blocking
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
keep in mind we had this same conversation but the roles were reversed when you said a novice should open butt weld a new quarter on. Yeah, I get 5 "being right" points!

The better you get the more you realize ANY shop other than Boyd's will take shortcuts. If I wanted to do the work I really wanted I'd be in my garage. No shop is above this but a handful.
Henry, like any trade there are piles of "short cuts" the pro learns, that is one of the things that makes him a pro!

I don't remember about telling a novice to open butt weld a quarter. But depending on his skill level he could pull it off. But I also get my butt kicked on forums for suggesting a lap weld and get the old story how it breeds rust and bla bla so I can't win in that department.

You can have your five points, it's cool. Hell Henry, I have a lot of respect for your knowledge, I am going to give you 10 more being right points just because you deserve it.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
tech69 (01-07-2013)