Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass hood work.
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I am familiar with the javlin hood and the recesses your talking about. Since this is not a structual repair on the glass hood I do not see the need for any fiberglass reinforced matting. Although it will be a fairly thick amount of filler needed to smooth out these areas, you could mix some fiberglass resin in with your bodyfiller and block away. The added resin will help the filler to level out some as your filling a pretty long area. When your filling such a long slope on a pretty long hood, try to mix up a large amount of filler in one shot and when you apply it to the hood lay down some big globs of filler every 4 or 5 inches then come back and do one sweep down the whole hood, it just makes for a more even layer of filler on such a long flat hood. Also make sure you scuff up that whole hood before you do any kind of bodywork to it getting rid of that shiny gel coat surface. I would D/A the whole thing with 180 then 80 in those recess areas that will be filled.