Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fiberglass Tutorial
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 05:00 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I cant believe how much info ive learned from just reading for about 10 minutes! thanks. Also I think KK was saying that you should buy heavy fleece and once soaked it'll be about 3/16 not when you buy it. I had a question that may sound dumb but w/e, im new to this forum and just had to register. Im a skilled woodworker and spend M-F building custom cabinets. I just bought a little 90' vw corrado and really want to turn it into a project car but i dont know the first thing about the first thing. So basically im here to learn. I saw the finsh picture of KK's pods and they look great but when you say upholstry what exactly do you mean? (Cloth?) because the white doesnt look like cloth. What my real question should be is how would i make anything that I make such as gauge pods look like a shiney piece of fiberglass? Like what would you finish it with? I see cool stuff in mags like fully fiberglass interiors color corrdinated or 2-toned, is this most likely airbrushed?.........sorry alot of questions, im a newbie!