Hot Rod Forum banner

fiero 2.5 to 2.5 swap

11K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  ChevyTruckGuy 
#1 ·
i have a 85 2m4 fiero. it all the sudden started running really poorly. i checked the compression after going through the fuel system and ignition system and there was almost none. so i decided to just put another 2.5.

My question is does it matter what other 2.5 liter i put in it. like will an 88' 2.5 out of a s-10 work with all the rest of the original setup.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

#27 ·
fiero hellian said:
i gotta a question im about to buy a 1987 fiero. its the 4cyl 5 spd. would any of you happen know any motors that could bolt right in and wont break the bank. possibly even accept moddifcations?
You can swap just about anything in if you really want to, fierro swaps are done all the time, try GOOGLE. Depending on what you want building the 2.5L may be the best idea though, it'll max out at about 175hp NA using pump gas and a ported factory head but anything more than that and you're looking at some money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.