Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fill holes or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Brian, I value your opinion and I am certainly not sure I should do this. Just finished welding in the last of my patch panels that I've had for 3-4 years, and I'm not sure I want to make more work. Still lots of other things to do.

Evolvo, that's pretty close to what I was thinking to do. Reason I thought to take an extra 1/2-3/4" out of the front was to lower the piece and make the back of it line up better slope-wise, and to thin out the forward edge a bit. But you're right. Better to try it and see how it looks before cutting. Maybe I'll spend some more time trying to mock it up before I cut, to see what it would look like. For some reason I can't seem to picture it. I'm usually pretty good with that. Mind block!

Ray, this truck is a teaching experience. Another one waits but at the speed I'm going I may not make it! It will be lower than stock but not on the ground. So far the only visible mod is blanking? out the tailgate and fabbing a roll pan. On the tailgate I formed an inset to put the "F100 Custom" badge in. That will be the only badging/chrome on the truck. The roll pan has a fold down license plate for the hitch receiver.

These trucks have always looked to me like a guy with a receding hair line so that's why I was thinking of doing this.