Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fill holes or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin316 View Post
I have been lurking on this forum for some time now and I thought I would post once I started my body work, then I seen this thread.

It may sound strange but '73 - '79 ford pickups are my passion. I have owned one since I was 17 and to me they are one of the nicest trucks from 1960 on. I have had lots of people ask me "Why a '79 Ford F100?" Do you think sometime back in the day someone might have said "Why a Nova?"

I agree with '69 Widetrack when he said "I enjoy subtle body modifications that, as you originally posted, make a person looking at the the vehicle think, there's something different about this 1977 Ford short box but, what exactly is it?", that is my goal with my truck.

I like your idea and I have never seen it or even heard anyone even talk about something close to it. Done right I think it would look good.

I guess I better go to the introduction thread and introduce myself now.
There is nothing odd about your passion being a 79 Ford truck, ESPECIALLY being you have had one since you were 17, your first "car"? HECK YES that makes all the difference in the world. And I know we all made some comments about it not being "worthy" in that show car thread but really, it's all an opinion and there was a time people thought I was nuts for doing my 48 Chevy pickup. I was literally turned away at rod runs because it was "too new". It is miles from the most desirable vehicle and I have a lot of passion for it too.

Ray's comment about people looking at it wondering what was done.... I think the key is that they are looking at it wondering "Man that looks good but I can't figure out why". There are many ways to customize and I love the car that is so heavily modified it barely looks like the original all the way to the very mild custom that you have to study the stocker next to it to know what was done, you know what I mean?

But I love the "What in the heck was done to this thing to make it look so good?" That truck on the other thread that I posted was one of those vehicles, subtle is an understatement with that truck! And I LOVED it!

Brian