Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fill holes or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Ray, I have thought the exact same thing. My 48 Chevy was 27 when I got it, that is a 1986 Chevy pickup today. Wow how time flies! Back when I was a kid I never in a million years imagined that I would walk over and look at a Pinto, a restored Pinto at a car show, but I have!

Brian
Yes Brain, we do think alike...I think that was evident from some of our early posts when we where gently arguing only to find out we where talking about the same thing...LOL.

I wanted my first real car (the 54 Chevy was not a real car and not that my 56 Chevy wasn't a real car, or a 37 Chevy 1/2 ton I bought when I was 17 wasn't a real truck...but a driver) to be an AMC AMX...The guy I bought my 54 Chevy from owned a 68 Pontiac OHC 6cy...loved it and a 1968 AMX 290 4 speed. I wanted that AMX, he wouldn't sell it...so I drove to Winnipeg and bought a 67 FIrebird...but always wanted an AMX. Everybody told me I was crazy.

In 1991 I found my car, a 1969 AMX, 390 Speed with just under 40,000 miles and mint. I still have that car today, it still doesn't have 40,000 miles, not because I don't enjoy driving it, I do, I just like the fact that it has under 40,000 miles and when I but miles on it I can't take those back...It's my pride and joy and the people that thought I was crazy back in the day, love to see that 69. I've been fortunate enough to purchase the two other years of AMX (anything after 1970 I don't consider an AMX, 4 seater and all...maybe I need to rethink that...LOL) 1968 and 1970, I drive these cars much more, they had high mileage, had previous work done and a car is original only once.

I get as much pleasure out of knowing I have a low mile piece of what I wanted in my past as I do driving it. Let me take that back...I do enjoy driving it more than looking at it...but like I said, they are only original once.

Ray