Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fill holes or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:45 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Martinsr, thanks for posting those pics! Looks to be a couple of inches is all the roof extends. If I decide to do this I think I will have to make the cross roof cut back quite a ways on the flat part of the roof, to avoid different slopes on the pieces, which makes the chance of major warping a good possibility, especially with my so-so welding skills. Any other options there that you guys see?

I have a couple of years on you guys. My first car was a '53 Ford. It was only 13 years old when I had it, but in those days it seemed old. In those days cars didn't last as long as they do today I think, so a 15 year old car was a rarity. Plus, they changed the body styles more frequently, even pickups. I had a '54 Ford pick up. That style was around for 3 years, plus the '56 which was a little different but shared many body parts. The '77 body style I have now was around for 7 years, plus the 67-72 were again similar but a little different is another 6 years.