Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Filler after 2K primer question
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 12:16 PM
KING OF BONDO

Last journal entry: My little helper
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm800
I am using Nason products. Yes my questions was if I needed filler after block sanding the 2K. Should I sand the 2K completely off or scuff and add filler, sand and recoat with 2K. I am also using Nason epoxy. I cannot find in the tech sheet about topcaoting it. I assume that I need to either sand or scuff with scotchbright before topcoating. Anyone know for sure?

I think you will be ok to scuff the 2k and apply some more filler, feather out and then apply some more 2k and re block the panel...For future reference, if you guide coat the filler like you do 2k, you will catch any low spots in your work before you spray your 2k...

As for the nasson epoxy? Dont know.. Dont use it.... I think and I say think cause I am not sure at all, but most of what I have read, people always say this epoxy or that epoxy has to be sanded after 24 hours... Now spi can go 7 days, but it is a different epoxy than what you are using

Check your P sheet , if you dont have one, look online and check there.

Matthew
Edit: Look for the P sheet here... You may find it.. gotta go

Dupont Automotive Refinish

Last edited by BondoKing; 11-15-2005 at 12:23 PM.