Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Filling pin holes
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:05 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Filling pin holes

I'm soooooo close to having my primer straight and true but I've detected a couple of spots with pin holes. Up till now I've been using Evercoat Glazecoat to do my final filling of flaws and low spots, but with my primer now near perfect at 400 grit (will go 600 just before painting) I really hate to gob on more Glazecoat at this point because it means I'll have to reshoot another top coat of primer.

All that to ask...is it possible to fill these pin holes effectively by mixing a tiny batch of my urethane 2K primer (Dupon Nason) and applying it with a very small bondo applicator, straight edge (razor) or even a fine brush. My thinking here is that this might be easier to sand and being the same color, I then might not have to shoot another full application of primer.

Feasible or bad idea? Or should I just bite the bullet and go through an entire round of Glazecoat/sanding/and full primer spray application?

(BTW, I did do a search for filling pin holes...but found only one small side comment about using 2K primer as a filler.)