Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Filling pin holes
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee4Me
...A quick swipe and minimal blocking but you will need to either do a light spot prime and block or a complete sealer coat before paint.Otherwise,you'll have ghosting thru your base.
Exactly Mike. That's why I asked about applying primer just to the pin holes. Then when you sand (assuming you don't create deep scratches or lower the area around hole by sanding) you could just shoot base right over the top without the extra primer coat and the block sanding of that final coat.

And yes, this is pinholes in the filler, not rust. It's all brand new sheet metal with filler applied for straightening the body panels. I only seemed to have created the pinholes in one small area of the roof...but I got a lot of them in that area. So I don't know what I did wrong when I did the filler work.

Also, for Vince, the Evercoat Glazecoat is a typical two part very fine filler...much like "icing". Typically used for final glaze, filling minor low spots, repairing tiny flaws etc. I know it will do a fair job of filling pins because I have used it for that on previous occasions. But it DOES require sanding and another coat of primer...so that's what I'm trying to avoid...another round of primer and blocking.

Anyhow, this morning I went out to the shop and embarked on some experimenting with the primer idea. Hopefully I can report back the outcome by tonight.