Hot Rod Forum banner

Finally bought the 47 Plymouth

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  dharroald 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd pop back in and update a bit on the Plymouth.

Main thing? I bought it. :)
Its sitting in my driveway right now with the interior sitting in the bed of the truck.

Anyone interested in a really rusty 217.6 flathead 6 with tranny? Unknown condition... make offer. lol

#4 ·
Plans... Hmm.. not really a restore, to say... but to fix up all the rust and put a new interior and motor in it. (the flat 6 is in the classafieds, with tranny) Suspension will be changed to Mustang II IFS, with a 4-link in the rear. All will be held up by an airride suspension. I want to put a nice interior in it and a mild sound system. A few neon accent lights and an underbody kit, and then show it around. Nothing really major, but enough to make me proud to cruise it around on weekends.

#9 ·
haven't been around for awhile. Glad to see someone else with a different model street rod. I have a 48 Dodge coupe which I really enjoy. Bought it from a guy who builds Chrysler products. He has a 48 Plymouth and jsut finished a 48 Chrysler. Don't know if I can be of any help but if you need any info let me know. Maybe i will see it at Indy Good Guys this year.:)

#10 ·
Depending on its condition, I might trailer it in. My boss goes to all the hotrod and circle track shows and has spare tickets all the time. I'm sure my lil ranger could pull the beast up there! May have to stop every 20 miles and let the tranny cool off... but it might make it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.