Hot Rod Forum banner

finally buying a sewing machine

12K views 49 replies 9 participants last post by  DanTwoLakes 
#1 ·
Well Friday is payday and Fridays the day i order my Tacsew T111-155. I am so stoked been really needing/wanting a new machine for a long time. If any of you have this machine please post the pros and cons that you noticed about it. This is were im going to buy it from
http://www.sewinggold.com/TT111-155.html i think for the price of $950.00 total to ship to my door is good deal for a unit like this.

So what you guys think, im makeing a smart move?

:pimp: :sweat: :mwink: :drool: :D :cool:

#10 · (Edited)
The Tacsew 111-155 is a copy of the Singer 111- 155, 255, or 355 industrial compound walking foot machine , which has been much copied by almost everyone over the years. This has been a tried and true design for many, many years, and is a good , solid machine.
This machine would be the equivalent of a Consew 205 or 206. The only difference between my Consew 226R and Consew 255 RB-3 and your machine is that my machines' bobbins lay horizontal and load from the top to the right of the needle, and your machine's bobbin is vertical and loads from the left of the needle. The 255 RB-3 also uses a much larger bobbin and has a higher lift of the foot. The difference here being I don't need to tip my machine head up to change the bobbin like you will. If you made a living sewing, you would not want to always have to tip the machine to change a bobbin, or have to remove the bobbin case to change the bobbin.
They all use the same type of feet. They also all use exactly the same type of top thread tension, and are threaded exactly the same.
Do you have a clutch motor or servo motor? (a clutch motor is always running. A servo motor only runs when you press the treadle (foot pedal))

#14 ·
DanTwoLakes said:
They all use the same type of feet. They also all use exactly the same type of top thread tension, and are threaded exactly the same.
After looking at the picture again, they don't have the same type of tension, nor do they thread the same.

#23 ·
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Randy (NEW INTERIORS) i love the T111-155 once i got used to it i was able to sew with ease. And id also like to thank Mr. Dan (dantwolake) and Mr. Alan Horvath for there posts and threads on here make it alot easyer and helpfull to learn how to use the machine and to sew.

Thanks again guys i look forward in posting pics of the fun things i make with the machine.

#24 ·
PUREAUDIO said:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Randy (NEW INTERIORS) i love the T111-155 once i got used to it i was able to sew with ease. And id also like to thank Mr. Dan (dantwolake) and Mr. Alan Horvath for there posts and threads on here make it alot easyer and helpfull to learn how to use the machine and to sew.

Thanks again guys i look forward in posting pics of the fun things i make with the machine.

I hope you have more time, then I had to learn..Good luck and enjoy your new toy.... :thumbup: :thumbup: And I enjoyed Talking hotrods with you.. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.