Finally posted some pics in my album! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last journal entry: The Blower and test fit.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Finally posted some pics in my album!

Hey Everyone!
I've talked about my project a lot, but never updated my album in the new board. I put some in now, so check em out and tell me what you think!

got2be...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last photo:

Is my car that bad that no one wants to look at it?........
Old 08-19-2003, 12:06 PM
Vetter

Looks nice! How is that project going? What's next on the list? Looks like you've got your hands full. And that's a good thing.

Good luck!

78SilverShark
Old 08-19-2003, 12:17 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Nice lookin!
You do the work yourself? Nice tin work. HG

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]
Old 08-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Old Mustangs are to hotrods!

Last journal entry: 68 Mustang Fb
Last photo:

I looked, I looked!!

I like it!! Even if it is a Chevy!! JK

I always wondered how a driver sees around those big things sticking out of their hoods though.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last photo:

Thanks guys! (I thought everyone was thinking it was ugly since I didn't get a reply for so long).

I did the back half with my uncle and the front MII (no welds though, since I don't trust my own, but I'm getting better). I'm going to be doing the rest of the fab'in, like the firewall, and new rad support. Next up is to place the motor and get the motor plates mounted (the motor's just there for looks right now). It has to come up and back a few inches for ground clearance, and to make room for the radiator. So the firewall has to come back and be smoothed out. I like that look. I need to make a new rad. support because the radiator I bought was a little too big, but since it's going to be street driven, I wanted as much cooling as possible. I'm hoping that it'll be able to start up in about a year, but I've been saying that for the past year now..lol.

Thanks again for your thoughts!
Old 08-19-2003, 02:05 PM

Last photo:

Nice dude.. i cant wait to get my engine in..

Nos
Old 08-19-2003, 02:31 PM
i think its broke...

Last photo:

that is so neat looking brilliant work
Old 08-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by HemmiGremmie
Nice lookin!
You do the work yourself? Nice tin work. HG
I was too scared to do the cage myself (remember, not a good welder), so the guy I had to it, said he wanted to try his hand at the tin. He didn't charge me for it, so I let him. I was scared at first since it was his first time, but it turned out great. I knew I could have done it, but I don't turn down freebies (plus a real sheet metal fabricator helped him out).

Thanks again for the compliments everyone!

I'm getting better at welding, but I think my welder is taking a crap on me (not litterally). It's not penetrating that well. I picked it up from a friend for free and it looks like crap. I wanted to try and build my own headers that come out the fenderwell, but don't know if it's going to cut it now. Any suggestions?
Old 08-19-2003, 02:59 PM

Last photo:

Hey bro, looks great, keep it up. BTW you said on your camaro you hide the wires. could you get pics, or could you explain in detail where you hide yours? mine dont looks great where i have them hide now, i wanna redo it. Pm me, Thanks bud.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Damn! That thing is gonna be wild. I like the cage fabrication. I am kindof wishing I had done the extra rear drops on mine like your is. It is plenty stiff right now, but the extra drops sure look like it would add to over all strength. What did you use for the backhalf? Brand name, etc.... Also, did you go ahead with a full frame front to back, or is it still unibody? Just curious how it all went, cause my brother has a 64 we will be doing one day when he starts making some coin.

Again, good work.

b
Later,

Chris
Old 08-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last photo:

Thanks S10, coming from you, that's one of the greatest compliments! Couldn't you still put a set in? I was told that I'm going to need another set to go down to the subframe connectors to be certified, along with one under the dash, and along the running boards.

I used an Alston 4 Link kit + his back half frame rails. It's full framed also with Comp Engineering subframe connectors. The 12 Point Cage is also a kit from Alston's along with the tin work.
Like I said before, I didn't do any of the welding, and it wasn't even my car when the back half took place. It was my uncle's ride and he's the one that tought me a lot of what I know (then I found this place and found out it really wasn't that much). He got it because it's been my dream car since I was 14, and he always told me that we would do one. I did all the fitment, and measuring with my uncle "supervising". The back halfing went pretty smooth considering it was both of our first times. I know you don't need this, but Alston's kit comes with some great instructions that made it possible. Cutting it out was the easiest part, and pretty fun. It was cool to see the weak rear end come out and such a monster go in. Well, uncle ran out of money to be able to finish it and was going to get rid of it, and I just couldn't let it happen. So I traded my 69 camaro for it as is... Now, most people said I got robbed, but the 454 was all his and I just rebuilt it all so he had more money into the Nova that I did in the Camaro, plus it was my dream car and I had to have it!

I'm getting a little better at welding, but my welder is a P.O.S. (so I've been told). I've been waiting for over 2 weeks for my motor plates to come in so I can start on the fire wall. I figure that'll be a good first real project at welding since I'm going to be grinding the welds smooth anyways. If someone thinks that's not too smart, please let me know.
Thanks again for the compliments!
Old 08-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally posted by gt2betubbed
Thanks S10, coming from you, that's one of the greatest compliments! Couldn't you still put a set in? I was told that I'm going to need another set to go down to the subframe connectors to be certified, along with one under the dash, and along the running boards.

I could still add bars, but my bed is made to be removable and the cage is painted to match the body, so it would be a major undertaking. You will need the cage attatched to the frame connectors if it has them. That really should be where the diagonal links from the main hoop are going. You will need a dash bar if the firewall is modified. You only need the bar beneath the doors if the the floor pan has been modified for anything other than a small trans access. I would read the NHRA book if I were you. I built mine by the book, but added the dash bar for strength in the event of a side crash. I left the rocker bars out since my floorpan is stock, and I am limited on room.

Chris
Old 08-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last photo:

Yeah, my firewall has to come in a few inches since there's no room for my radiator with that BBC in the bay. So I need to have the dash bar. Then my car is so low and I want the motor to be above the frame, the tranny tunnel is going to be pretty big and I'm probably going to have to raise the driveline tunnel as well. So there's the need for the running board bars. I've never seen the NHRA book, guess I'll look online for one. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Acoustic Rock ... for real.

Last journal entry: About Fusible Links
Last photo:

Where is it, man? I put your member-name in the photo album search tool and got a page with no pictures.

This has been a pain in the butt -- the old deal with a link to our photo albums on our members page was at least workable.

What's the trick, gang? I must be missing something!

Alan
54 Chevy Pickup

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.