Finally saw the new Camaro and Challenger - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 09:28 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

According to the Chevrolet web site the Camaro isn't available until early 2009...

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insi...y/?id=cid00022

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
If It Feels Good DO IT

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72
According to the Chevrolet web site the Camaro isn't available until early 2009...

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insi...y/?id=cid00022
that is wierd but more than just my neighbor has one cause i have seen 2 out on the road a yellow with black ss stripes and a solid blue one and my neighbors is orange with black ss stripes so..... i have no idea what going on with it maybe its only certain states and they mean every state will have it avaiable early 2009 i have no idea
Old 10-01-2008, 09:46 AM

So go over to your neighbors and take a bunch of pictures and post them here.

BTW, what was the sticker price and what did he get for that price?

Now....I predict that when they do come out the V6 will be close to $30K (not the $23K the papers are advertising) outfitted decently and not stripped down, and the 400HP V8 will be in the high $30K range. (not the under $30K that I would assume based on the advertised V6 price).

I might buy a V8 with leather interior for under $30K if it doesn't look like a Mattel car on the inside.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Last photo:

The widow sticker on the V6 Challengers at the fair were right around $22K-26K. Dodge had the Orange beast Challenger and two V6 Challengers on display. I didn't look at the window sticker on the orange beast because I was too busy looking at every thing else on the car. I don't remember what the Camaro was because I was so put off how ugly it was.

Vince
Old 10-01-2008, 12:04 PM

Last journal entry: Here is the car after paint
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb63vet
the new camaro is out hell my neighbor has one he got on a waiting list along time ago for it and i hopped in his and went and took it for a test drive they run like a CHAMP they have perfect throttle response you smash the gas the GO and GO HARD and suspension is great you dont feal any bump in the road or nothing i like up i think i'm go hop on the list and get me one ( gotta sell my trucck first for that down payment )

Thats funny My wife is #2 to order the camaro at a large dealership in the KC MO area. They have not recieved any info on options or cost yet. The salesman is a cousin of my wifes. I know that he is going to contact her when he gets the info.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Earplugs are in the glovebox

Last photo:

I have to agree with the new Camaro bashers, its UGLY!!!! I went to the autoramma they had in SLCC and it was so ugly, I thought it was a concept car . I talked to the Chevy rep (fancy word for ugly car salesman) and he said this was the production model. I then saw the new Challenger and LOVED 99% of it . I hope Dodge makes millions of them and people wreck them so I can find em in the toy store (junk yard) and get my very own!! Fat chance on it, and I don't expect to be wakin' up anytime soon and crapping $100 bills out . Oh, well I'll just have to stick with the old stuff (its a lot cooler and easier to work on anyways).
Old 10-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I haven't seen a Camaro yet but the local Dodge store has a silver Challenger sitting out front. It looks nice but almost to hulky - like the designers said a bit bigger is ok so WTH, let's just make it even bigger yet. The lines are 'right' though so we'll see if another color helps.

Dave W
Old 10-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Dry Heat

Last journal entry: along the weird tale..
Last photo:

There was a new Challenger at the car show here this last Sunday. I have seen one driving around but this one was parked next to a 67 Camaro.
The Challenger is HUGE.!
It was taller..wider..but had 20" wheels so maybe that was part of it.
Looked nice but..BIG..
Old 10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
If It Feels Good DO IT

Last photo:

here is my neighbor and his brother going past my house
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

Is that a black car driving at night with the headlights off?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

I don`t know if Bob Lutz is still at GM, but I`ve said it a 1000 times before. Get rid of this clown before he puts you out of business. I haven`t seen a GM car in the last 8 years that looked good enough to own.
When I heard GM was stopping production of all F bodies my first reaction was "Big mistake, thats where a majority of there sales come from, only a fool would discontinue it" But they did it anyway.
GM is not known for listening to the public. Toyota was listening, and look where they are.
I`ve been really disappointed with GM for a long time even so I am a solid Chevrolet man. I don`t know who they got designing there vehicles, but I do know a 1st grader has a better imagination. Cars need lines to make them distinct. When you take away the lines you take away the character.
The Chevy Colorado is plain ugly, god awful looking pick up. The new chevy pickups look even worse. I really would like to meet whoever designed the grille and headlight assembly. Batwing shaped headlights? A grille that looks like something a 3rd world country rejected as a quilt pattern? what in the world are you smoking to come up with these ideas and to think it`s going to sell? I`ve did many posts in the pasts where I said it plainly: WAKE UP GM!
It`s looking like nobody`s going to wake up and in the future some of us who are Chevy people are going to be dealing with whats left of a once great car company that went out of business due to there own stupidity and due to not willing to listen to the customer. GM needs to learn in ANY business, the public makes you or breaks you. When you don`t give the public what they want you do no business and you go under. Lastly, GM needs to drop the "I`m a college graduate so I`m smarter than you"
Let them tell me that when they are unemployed.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Yeah, the local Dodge dealer had both a black Viper and an Orange Challenger 500 sitting on the boulevard out front.

They were auctioning off this "500" version of the SRT-8 Challenger (which really means 1 of 500 models ... collector edition) for a hospitals charity.

The window MSRP sticker price was $51,000 + change (CAD) but I heard it went for closer to $70,000.

There wee a LOT more people (myself included) drooling over that orange beast than the viper.

Here's a Buy and Sell Ad for one at $69,900
Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

I have not seen these cars ( Camaro and Challenger ) in person yet.

i like the Challenger in photos.. the Camaro not so much.

RE : Bob Lutz of GM .... talks a good story , but he cuts too much out of the vehicle details / contents.

I read a comment by Bob Lutz or his GM group about car sales .... it said that a customer is NOT going to decide to not buy a vehicle because of less cup holders or visors that do not extend out. Wrong!

The new Mustang looks good to me.. the interior arrangement suks IMHO
Old 10-03-2008, 10:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb63vet
that is wierd but more than just my neighbor has one cause i have seen 2 out on the road a yellow with black ss stripes and a solid blue one and my neighbors is orange with black ss stripes so..... i have no idea what going on with it maybe its only certain states and they mean every state will have it avaiable early 2009 i have no idea
They aren't out yet.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:01 PM

Last photo:

I really like the Challenger, I've seen many in person and I think they are not just a fast performance car, but a NICE car. The black SRT8 is gorgeous IMO.

I liked the Camaro when it first debuted as a concept, but it seems to have lost it's appeal while getting closer and closer to production to me.
It's not a good looking car as far as I am concerned, I actually like the last production Camaro BETTER...

I'll have to see one in person I guess....

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.