Finally some good luck. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 01:20 PM
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Finally some good luck.

After a hell week of band trama,things turned for me.Started off sunday I get a call from a band that we did a radio station gig with they need a fill in guitar player for saturday 3:30-7:30 this on top of my 10-2 gig that night.I agree to do it then about an hour later I get a call my bass player has tendonidis so bad hes out of work and in a brace,we need a replacement for our thurs and sat gigs.Ontop of this I find that my favorite bar and also best music scene place in town was busted for crystal meth.I spend 2 days trying to get a replacement finally do and we practice.Then I find out my drummer can't get out of work till late thurs day so we run around like chickens with our heads cut off on thur and the gig went like hell with only one nights practice with the fill in.Then saturday about hour befor truck loadup we realize that our our exkeyboardist is taking the monitors(we've been borrowing them) for a dj gig at the state fair we had forgotten to get um because we were to busy trying to teach the fill in his parts.That and the drummer forgot I had a fill in gig that day and couldn't load the truck.And on top o all this I had to go to corvettes in carlisle on friday then prctice when I get back!!
Well anyway for some strange reson the sturday gig was absolute trouble right up untill we got on stage evan the drinks included thing was screwed as the taps were down..But some how on 1 practice and 1 disaster gig it went great.And on friday night after carlisle I walk into my favorite bar and theres the booking agent and she asks if I 'd be interested in being a stage hand for Marshall Tucker and Eddie Money when they come to town in 2 weeks.Oh yea baby!!!!
No lets hope my luck stays that way.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2003, 02:18 PM
LT4 Pilot

Wow, MT and the Money man! two of my favorites. Maybe your luck has turned...
Old 08-25-2003, 01:31 AM
Acoustic Rock ... for real.

Last journal entry: About Fusible Links
Last photo:

Good luck with that hook-up, bro'!

All the rest sounds like a typical day in the life of gigging with a band.

Alan
Old 08-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

Horvath,I visited your site. I am very impressed. You seem to have it going on!
Old 08-25-2003, 02:43 PM

Last photo:

Thanks, bro'!

30 years worth of stages and studios ... producers and publishers ... been through 36 of these here United States with my '68 Hummingbird in hand ... I've never known what it's like to have "a job," ya know?

I just got out of the recording studio 10 minutes ago ... recorded for 7 hours straight, yesterday and about 4 hours today -- workin' on a new CD.

Thanks for checkin' me out -- I hope you got to play some mp3's :
Here's one I wrote about the Lord of the Rings (me playing all my instruments - studio overdubs)

And here's one about My El Camino (me and my bassist - live)

Alan
Old 08-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Keep hangin in there Monte. I know I do a completely different type of music than you but we're going to start making our first C.D. in Nov. It's gonna be interesting!
Old 08-26-2003, 11:27 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

Let me know if you ever need help. I do bass/6 string guitar and vocals. Hope you liked Carlisle!
Old 08-27-2003, 12:47 AM

Last photo:

Yea carlisle was kinna a disaster for me.I figured I would drink allot befor I went and sleep in the car the way down.NOT!!!!Yea a drank allot,but never slept on the way down,by the time I got there I had a hangover and only about 1 1/2hr sleep.
I couldn't remember what row you said you were in but I was to every parts sales booth thingy so I'm sure I saw ya.I got my tails for the Volvo.My uncle was serching desperatly for 67vette hardtop interior moldings.
How bout that humidity friday!!!???
Old 08-27-2003, 02:23 AM
The Dude

Last photo:

I feel ya bro!

All of those things happening one after the other = rock and roll, brother! Gotta love it!

If everything went smooth as planned, we'd all be in one of those crappy pop "boy bands" (Why they even get to be called a BAND is beyond me but anyway... boy bands = TERRIBLE)

Congrats on the bonus of stage hand!

Rock on and God bless...

Seņor

P.S. Would you believe I was playing a gig once and one of the bar maids was shaking me down to buy a drink. She approached me like 4 times while I was bringing in some of our stuff and talking to people. When I finally sat down she told me I had to buy a drink. (And it wasn't in a flirty kind of way!) I said I'm in the band. She said "It doesn't matter, it's a 2 drink minimum or pay $5!" Had I not already unloaded my drums and the other guys stuff, I would have said "ok, have it your way, find another band to come in in the next 10 minutes to bring everyone in to either buy your 2 drink minimum or pay you $5"... and left. But loading up all your gear and hauling it to a gig is too much work to just turn around and go back home, so I told her to give me a bottle of water and don't pester me because I was not buying another thing the rest of the night. She avoided me and anyone around me the rest of the night! Wouldn't even make eye contact with me! hehehe Didn't she ever hear you catch more flies with honey?
Old 08-27-2003, 05:47 AM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

Yuck, my hangover day was Thursday. It was sooo hot on Friday and the humidity was hanging in the air that made it look like it was raining slightly! No rain, just a dense cloud of torture!
I'll see ya next time.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:55 PM

Last photo:

Senior,I got one for ya.One night we played a bout 3 1/2 yrs ago in this little dumpy bar in town.Well we play our night and it was a decent night for that place.At the end the owner had left and gave the bar maid only $150 for a 4 peace band with a soundman,after we agreed on $300.We argued the point and the bar maid felt bad and call the owner he said I didn't have a good enough night and thats all your getting and hungup.
Well we pack the truck all pissed and were loading the last bits and pieces,the bar lights are off and there ready to lock up.My drummer comes out of the mens room and tells me to go in there.I asked why,hes says just do it!!!!I go in and the urinal is flowing over I come out he goes "He-he I crammed the soap bars down the pipe of that leaky urinal".I drive by the next day and theres people out front of the bar with rags and buckets LOL.By morning the soap had melted and no-one knew what the hell happened.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:16 PM

Last photo:

I had a gig at a place a long time ago, and the owner wasn't paying me. I was booked for a month and he was supposed to pay me weekly, right? So, after week #2 went by and no pay, I had my couzin come in the club in a 3 piece suit ... he used his full birthname - Edward Mitchell Ferris - and got kinda palsy with the owner over a few drinks, acting like a lawyer ... or maybe a mafia guy ... being very non-descript about exactly who he was -- except to say that he was "Alan's GOOD FRIEND." Before he left, he made it "very clear" that I should never get stiffed for the money I work so hard for.

That weekend, I got paid in full and wound up singing there for 3 months -- nevfer got stiffed. LOL! What a "little" persuasion can do, eh?

Alan
54 Chevy Pickup
Old 08-27-2003, 06:34 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Horvath, you amaze me!! Very cool website!

Chickie
Old 08-27-2003, 10:32 PM

Last photo:

Allright!!!Bad Co. and Rick Derringer are there too.Woo-Hoo!!!!
I got the call a few hours ago from the guy,hes gotta get back to me and were all goin to the place a few days befor,once the stage is built so we know exactly were to park and were to load up.I took the late shift cause all the bands will be there then.And to think I was pissed when my bar gig for that weekend got moved to the following weekend.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:35 AM

Last photo:

Congrats, bro'!

Serendipity ... God moves in mysterious ways, eh? Just when you start complaining that your car broke down on the side of the road, you discover you're about to meet someone who changes your life! The moral of the story : never complain when things don't go the way we think they should ... but rather, pay attention to what's behind it all.

PS -- THANKS, Chickie!

Alan
54 Chevy Pickup

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.