Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Finaly a bad review on the Harbor Freight Purple Gun
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34
He won't be too let down, I have managed to screw up with SPI...once. I used the wrong activator. my broom finally gave up the ghost. I really like my Sata 3000 I nabbed at the pawn shop for less than half price in the sealed factory package.
I bought 3 nice Iwatas (LPH80, LPH200, LPH300) for under $100 each on ebay a few years ago. Back then I could find LPH200's all the time for $70-$80. Seems like some wholesaler of used paint shop tools was just selling them off like crazy. They were ALWAYS on there. Now it seems like the prices are higher. I still use the 200 for clear. Works great!

I figured I could get away with a cheap gun for color since it's not the finish the customer sees anyways. But what a pain these are to clean and the fan adjust knob melting... that did it for me on these things. Come on... use a metal knob. But... I guess for $10...

I definitely wouldn't buy another.

And I should add, the Walmart Campbell Hausfeld (just looked at it again since posting) is basically the same gun except with a one piece nozzle instead of the two pieces that the HF purple gun has. I was thinking of picking one up again (owned one several years back) just to see. But I quickly put it back on the shelf. I'd bet it has the same Chromed plastic fan adjust knob.