Hot Rod Forum banner

Find what's wrong! '69 Z/28 clone

862 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ChevelleSS_LS6 
#1 ·
http://www.familycar.com/Classics/69Camaro.htm
let's see what's wrong here. no v6 was available (it was a straight six on base models), and hell no 5 speed was either from the factory. I have heard worng intake, ignition, hood, lotsa stuff when I posted this before to little fanfare.

Also -is the Z/28 emblem on the wrong side of the grille? That puzzles me. I know the Buick gsX had the emblem on the driver's side.:confused:

matt

#3 ·
The problem is not necessarily with the picture of the car, but with the writeup. The z28 package was first available in 1967 not 1969. Also in 1969 the base V8 was not the 327 it was the 307. However it is just a Camaro. They are just like belly buttons, anybody can have one.:welcome: :thumbup:

#4 ·
Yes I suppose "anyone can own one". I did. It was my second car back in '76, and I loved it, wish I still had it as a matter of fact. But back then not "everyone" had one. I'm not flaming here really as I understand that camaros have become normal. There could be many arguments over what is wrong with the blurb under the pic. A "base" Z/28 came with a 302 in '69. I'm not a car judge by any means and really couldn't tell you by looking if someone is using the correct bolts or whatever. For what it's worth

#8 ·
Was not trying to make anyone mad with my post, just a little humor. nothing wrong with a Civic to use to get the groceries in, don't get made just a little more humor. That is what is great about the sport, there is no rule book, do what makes you feel good. For the restorer types that do get all bunched up, if you read the narrative with the picture you would think that the 302 first came out in the 69 Z28 when in fact it was first in the 67 Z28. The z28 was originally brought out so that Chevrolet could run them in the trans am series which limited them to 5 liter engines.

#10 ·
Honduhs make decent place a-to-b cars. The Si is kinda sporty, but not brutal like a old v8 musclecar with loud pipes exiting out back.:drool:

If you want better handling than, say, a '69 Oldsmobile 442 (yes Oldsmobile, even Buick, made some bad@$$ machines too) then upgrade the suspension (although it was an excellent handler back in the day, I'm told), or get a newer car, such as a fox-body mustang, or an '82-up Camaro.

I had a '93 Saturn SC2 (2=twin cam) 5-speed. I had a warm air intake and a glasspack where the factory mufflwe once was, and that silly thing was a go-kart and would outrun stock Honda Civic EXs and modified Honda Civic anything less, as well as 4-banger Accords and all Camrys so long as I kept that little 1.9 over 3000 RPM. Heck no I wouldn't go aginst anything with 8 cylinders unless it was a 12-passenger van or something slow like that.

Now I have a Grand Am with a v6. I like that instant torque that most any 4-banger cannot provide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.